StarMed CaStar Up – Openable hood for CPAP therapy
The CaStar Up is an openable hood for CPAP therapy that allows rapid access to the patient’s face during nursing procedures or in case of emergency. One operator can easily remove the upper part of the hood. It is well tolerated for extended periods and can reduce the risks associated with both endotracheal intubation and face mask use.
• Allows rapid access to the patient’s face during nursing procedures or in case of emergency
• One operator can easily remove the upper part of the hood and have full access to the patient
• Probes and catheters can remain in place, on the patient, connected to the lower part of the hood
• Fitted with integrated pressure gauge to check the presence of pressure within the hood
• Comfortable and atraumatic underarm fastening straps
• Other fastening accessories are available if required
• Two sealed access ports for probes or catheters of 3.5-7.0mm Ø
• Patient access port with screw cap. Fitted with bidirectional anti-suffocation valve which opens automatically in the event of pressure failure
You may also be interested in the following products:
Squadrone V, Coha M, Cerutti E, Schellino MM, Biolino P, Occella P, Belloni G, Vilianis G, Fiore G, Cavallo F, Ranieri VM.
JAMA. 2005 Feb 2;293(5):589-95
Squadrone V, Massaia M, Bruno B, Marmont F, Falda M, Bagna C, Bertone S, Filippini C, Slutsky AS, Vitolo U, Boccadoro M, Ranieri VM.
Intensive Care Med. 2010 Oct;36(10):1666-74
Cosentini R, Brambilla AM, Aliberti S, Bignamini A, Nava S, Maffei A, Martinotti R, Tarsia P, Monzani V, Pelosi P.
Chest. 2010 Jul;138(1):114-20
Brambilla AM, Aliberti S, Prina E, Nicoli F, Del Forno M, Nava S, Ferrari G, Corradi F, Pelosi P, Bignamini A, Tarsia P, Cosentini R.
Intensive Care Med. 2014 Jul;40(7):942-9